Friday, April 20, 2012

A to Z Challenge: My Favorite Storytellers-- R

Yes, some of my favorite film matter will be very obvious as, for the second time this challenge, I feature a zombie visionary. R is for...

Add caption
George Romero

George Romero didn't invent zombies. In fact, he wasn't even the first man to make a zombie movie. But he was the visionary that made the zombie movie part of pop culture fodder.

Now, I've often discussed my love of "violent viral plague" films, but I actually have to say Romero isn't among my favorite zombie aficionados. Max Brooks, Robert Kirman, and Danny Boyle (i.e. fast, cracked out zombies) are more my speed, but I have to give Romero my respect and kudos for elevating the topic to popularity.

So for those of you who love a good zombie movie/show/book (fast or slow), tip your hat to Mr. Romero, who has made so much possible for us horror lovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment