Saturday, September 17, 2011

Exciting happenings!

The fall is shaping up to be very exciting for me, and my writing career! I have more movie reviews, some book reviews, and some travel notes coming, but I wanted to take a break and talk about some upcoming events, about which I am very excited.

This coming Friday, I will be in the author's tent at the Baltimore Book Festival fromm 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. with copies of Max and Menna for sale, and time to talk. The line up for the festival is unbelievable! Sherman Alexie, one of my heroes will be there Sunday (I have to go to Indiana for work, unfortunately), and some other nationally-known names like Laura Lippman and Common are also attending. It runs Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, 12-8, so stop by! More information here: http://www.baltimorebookfestival.com/

Next month, I am thrilled to have my first Barnes & Noble signing! I am speaking at a Diversity Festival they host with Bel Air High School in Bel Air, MD. The organizer read Max and Menna and felt like it would be a good fit, which is such an honor. The event is October 15, and I speak at 2 p.m.

Still, almost a year after Max and Menna launched, I cannot get over the awe and honor of having my work out there for people to read! And I am thrilled beyond belief at all the good feedback... take a peak at these Amazon reviews and see why I am humbled... Amazon Reviews

And there is more coming... I am in the midst of the long, arduous process of finding a publisher for my second book, and hard at work on book #3. Stay tuned for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment