Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Travel Tuesday- Back to Disney

When I was in fourth grade, my grandfather piled my whole family in his car and headed south... eighteen hours south to Orlando. Thus began my first trip to Disney.

All I remember from that first trip was being too short to ride half of the things I wanted to ride, and the line for It's a Small World being like ONE BILLION people long. So in June, when a friend suggested an outing to Disney following a work trip to Orlando, I begrudgingly agreed.

And I am glad I did.

Now, compared to my trip last year to Universal Studios, I must admit that I left strongly feeling that Disney is a park for kids. Other than Space Mountain (which was awesome), the rides aren't so much rides as they are "tours" of Disney venues. The lines are long, and it is hot and crowded, but...

...despite the averse facts of the trip, Disney is Disney. There is still something magical and electric in the air. Even though more than 2/3 of my VERY expensive, brief afternoon there was spent waiting in line for tours, I had a blast.

I'm not sure I will go back before I have a 6-10 year old child that can truly appreciate the magic, but I did leave wanting to visit Epcot... and with a HUGE smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment