Saturday, April 5, 2014

A to Z Challenge: My Favorite "E" Character

Anyone who has read even a handful of my blog posts no doubt could anticipate that coming up with my favorite E character was likely the easiest of the list.

E is for Ender Wiggin from Ender's Game

I've written about my love of Ender's Game... a lot. Most recently, I reviewed the long awaited movie and shared why the book is so important to me, all of which revolves around the character of Ender himself.

Ender is an outcast, pushed aside for being talented and different. Reading this for the first time as a thirteen-year-old aspiring writer, there could not have been a character that appealed to me more. His strength, courage, and ultimate fate all inspired me, and this book is really one of the first that made me desperately want to be a writer.

Twenty years later, I still frequently re-read this book, and still find new things about the story and Ender's character that speak to me every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment