Also, this week, I have been checking in with friends and family about their thoughts on Don't Wake Up, my newest novel. I've heard a lot of "I'm going to read it over the holiday weekend." So I thought I would share my vacation line up, and some suggestions in case everyone gets to devote some holiday time to reading!
What I'm reading:
- Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult. An small press owner once told me that my style in Don't Wake Up reminded him of Jodi Picoult. Since then, I've been wanting to read something of hers and see how I like it. This is my first foray.
- The Colorado Kid by Stephen King. My boyfriend is trying to get me into Haven, and I would like to understand it a bit more.
And some recommendations:
- String Bridge by Jessica Bell. I read this one last year and was riveted. I'd imagine most of you have read it, but in case you haven't, very much worth a read.
- Nothing Without Shadow by Jamie Jean Welebob. It's on 99 cents on Kindle. You won't regret the purchase!
- Going Bovine by Libba Bray. I love, love, love this book! It's YA fiction, and a riveting and fast read!
And I wouldn't be a shameless self promoter if I didn't suggest:
Don't Wake Up or Max and Menna by me! Both novels are on Kindle for under $4.00, or, if you want a lower cost way to see if you think I write like Jodi Picoult, Listening In is my short story collection. For under $1.50, I give you an opportunity to tell me what you think of my style... only in regards to writing, though. In terms of fashion, I emphatically have none :)