Friday, June 22, 2012

Friday Fun Day! Kick it Old School with T2

Guys and girls, this weekend I encourage you to take some time and kick it old school.

When is the last time you watched Terminator II: Judgement Day? I know most of us saw this movie. In my case, I saw it in theaters three times, and it was instrumental in building my love of movies. It's something about the combination of lots of action, really good writing, and sheer spectacle that make this film so powerful to me.

But I think, if you (like me) haven't watched it recently, then we're missing out on some good opportunities.

See, when this film came out, we still had expressions like "you've got to see this one in the theater," because the theater was the only place that you could actually appreciate how amazing these special effects were. They had to be larger than life. You HAD to have the pulsing surround sound so loud and so close that it pumped through you whenever that incredibly moving score rang out.

Now, however, movies that require being seen in the theater are becoming less prevalent, because so much of us basically have theaters in our homes.

This is not to say that I am advocating not going to the movies anymore. Quite the contrary, I LOVE going to the movies because of the darkness, and the smell of buttery popcorn, the previews, and the cushy chairs. But, I do advocate using our slick new TV systems to relive the amazing experience we all had with certain films, and T2 is at the top of my list.

What are your movies that just blew you away the first time?

No comments:

Post a Comment