Saturday, September 28, 2013

Enjoying fall with a jerky stomach- Healthy Pumpkin Pie Pancakes

Fall is in the air! The leaves are changing, the air is crisp, and I am full of ideas. I do most of my writing in the fall because fall inspires me.

I woke up this morning an immediately wanted pancakes. This is interesting, because prior to my stomach deciding to be a total and complete jerk and dramatically reduce the amount of stuff I can eat, I never much cared for pancakes. But today, I had to have them, and since it is fall I wanted pumpkin pancakes.

So IHOP has pumpkin pancakes and I LOVE them... and went in search of information about whether or not I can eat them. As it turns out, one stack of IHOP Pumpkin Pancakes contains 600 calories and well over 20 grams of fat. Yeah, so that is a no.

Thus, this morning I have been indulging in one of my very favorite activities-- recipe experimentation. Yes, whether it is by writing books or cooking, I just love to make stuff up. And in today's case, I was very excited to stumble on some really delightful pumpkin pie pancakes!

In case anyone is interested, I thought I would share my recipe on Spark People.. you can find it here.

These were pretty dense, but made me happy, AND each serving contains approximately:

  • 204 calories
  • .6 grams of fat
  • 0 cholesterol
  • Almost 3 grams of fiber
  • Your whole day's required dosage of Vitamin A
  • More than 200 mgs of Potassium

So they are pretty darn good, and not only low fat but also full of healthy stuff!

Happy weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment