- It's messy and cold
- It makes driving hell and I HATE being trapped anywhere without the use of my car
- Now that the ability to work from home exists, bad roads don't get me out of anything
- The grocery stores go insane
- My dog has to be forced outside to relieve himself
- It exacerbates my existing lack of coordination, as highlighted by the time I fell down some icy stairs, sprained my back, got a concussion, bruised three ribs, and ended up in physical therapy for two months
- My boyfriend lives an hour away in the sticks and it makes it hard to drive there...
I awoke this morning to a very reasonable inch or two of snow on the ground. The sky is still a dark grey, and so I am fairly sure we have more coming.
I feel giddy and peaceful. Everything in Baltimore looks clean and new (quite a feat for those of you who have ever been here-- is is beautiful, but it is rarely clean).
Consequently, its not a very good picture... if I had crossed the street and walked into the park so I could cut out the road and cars, it might be better, but since I already looked like a lunatic wandering around in pajama pants and high heels, I stopped a few blocks from my house and just snapped and ran/waddled back before any of the neighbors I know saw me.
Wherever you are, wishing you a peaceful Saturday full of reading, writing, relaxing, or whatever makes you happy. If you're in Maryland, enjoy the snow!