Saturday, April 3, 2010

Can Shauna Avoid Calamity... for once?

For those of you just tuning in, a quick catch up--

1. November 1 I will be a published author! The experience of fulfilling a life-long dream is surreal, and I started a blog to document it...

2. During the seven years it took me to finish my book, I got a crash course in "real life" in some really brutal ways. Because I am a story-teller at heart, I cannot resist the urge to give this blog some kind of narrative arc, and tell the story of how I got to the point where I could tell the story of Max and Menna

3. Two weeks from today, I am going to State College, PA to meet a writer and photographer, both of whom I really admire.

So, I'm going to get back to the story of how I became able to write my story. I am, I am steeling myself for it. I need to do it for a variety of reasons, but tonight, I just can't. I think tonight a far more interesting topic is actually a poll:

For those of you who know me (which, lets face it, is all of you...) let's facilitate the following discussion:

What is the likelihood that when Shauna goes to Penn State and meets Ryan and Serg (afforementioned writer and photographyer she admires) she will avoid making an idiot of herself, seeming weird, aloof, or otherwise off-putting, or talking too much about some random topic like the climax of King Lear or the origin of the work defenstrate. In short-- is there a chance at all that she'll make a good impression?

Necessary background knowledge-- I talk too much, laugh too much, or simply fall mute when I am nervous. Meeting people I admire makes me nervous. Both men are, admittedly, on the dreamy side, but this is honestly not the source of my admiration. However, dreamy men also make me nervous.

Thoughts, predictions, encouragement, or mockery welcome. Go for it. Take my first ever reader's poll.

2 comments:

  1. You'll do fine! Just listen to Ryan's voice...his voice is dreamy! And remember, Everyone loves you! (you don't have to remember the other part of that if you don't want to, but wearing something low wouldn't hurt)

    -The Other Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be amazing! I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete