Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Blog Tour: Wrong Place, Right Time by Brooke Williams

   
Wrong Place, Right Time
by Brooke Williams
A Novella

Wrong-Place-Right-Time-Hi-Res-Cover

Release Date: December 9 , 2014
Published by: The Writers Coffee Shop
Genre: Fiction: Romance/General
ISBN e-book: 978-1-61213-289-1
Available from: Amazon, Kobo, Barnes and Noble, and TWCS PH
~~SUMMARY~~
Wrong-Place-Right-TimePaperback-eBook
Wrong Place, Right Time is a humorous, light romance about TV traffic reporter, Kate Covington.  After admitting she is in love with her best friend, Brian, Kate barges into a Las Vegas wedding chapel to stop him from getting married.  When the bride storms out, Kate sees that she interrupted the wrong wedding.  The groom, Chad Leida, who needs to marry before turning 30 in order to inherit his family fortune, has an intriguing offer for Kate.  Marry him and spend a year as his wife for a million dollars. 
Kate, who is greatly in debt and believes her friend has already married, considers the offer.
Once Kate makes her spontaneous decision, her life is on the fast track and the real adventure begins.  Caught between two men, she begins to realize that though she turned up in the Wrong Place, she might have arrived just at the Right Time.



              

~~ABOUT THE AUTHOR~~

Brooke Williams is an award-winning author and freelance writer. She has written hundreds of articles as well as several novels, including Someone Always Loved You and Beyond the Bars. Brooke has a Bachelor of Arts degree from Morningside College, with a double major in Mass Communications and Religious Studies. She has twelve years of experience in radio broadcasting, both behind the scenes and on-air. She was also a television traffic reporter for a brief time. Brooke and her husband Sean married in 2002 and have two daughters, Kaelyn and Sadie.   



~~CONNECT WITH THE AUTHOR~~
Praise for Wrong Place, Right Time
"Really really fantastic book! I had a very hard time putting my kindle down when my work breaks were over. Loved everything..the plot, the characters, the romance. Definitely recommend. This won't be the only Brooke Williams book I read." - Carrie Goodreads Review
978db-2twcs-blog-tour-banner


From the Author: 
You are an author of a couple of novels is this your first novella? If so what are the differences in writing and editing a novel vs. novella. What have you learned as an author through this process?

This is actually not my first novella! My very first novella is entitled “Taxi Delivery.” It’s about a young pregnant girl who delivers her baby unexpectedly in the back of a cab. It’s about half as long as “Wrong Place, Right Time.” I also wrote two others called “Mending Fences” and “Mending Hearts” which are no longer available. “Wrong Place, Right Time” was meant to be a novel, though a rather short one. However, in the editing process, the length got cut back enough to turn it into more of a novella. It serves the story well so that’s what needed to happen!

As for writing and editing, I have found that when the novel is full length, you have more time to expand on the story line. You can dive deeper into issues and show more of a character’s background and depth. Shorter pieces like a novella need to clip along at a faster pace so you can get it all into the amount of words you have available! I enjoy writing both types. I think it just depends on what the story needs. I don't want to short change a story, but I don’t want to go on and on if the story doesn’t dictate the need.

Editing is more complicated the more words you have involved. Longer novels simply take longer because there is more to them! They can be more complicated as well as far as details are concerned. You have to remember what you said way at the beginning all the way through to the end and make sure it all lines up. That’s not to say that editing a novella is easy…it’s not! I’m NOT an editor. There’s a reason I write and don’t edit for a living! I am grateful to those with a keen eye who can point out the weird things I stick into stories and help me to make them all they can be.

Writing “Wrong Place, Right Time” taught me plenty, but the biggest lesson I learned as an author was that the story needs to be what it is and not what I want it to be. That might sound strange. I desperately wanted this novella to be a full length novel. But the story didn’t need that. I had to go with what the story needed and not what I wanted. It’s hard to fight against your own creation like that, but I think the novella came out better in the end because I gave in! 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for having me on your blog today! I appreciate the support!

    ReplyDelete